Sunday, March 17, 2013

Three more interviews for VEVO Lift















A few days ago, the official channel of Bridgit Mendler in partnership with VEVO been updated once again with three interviews about the songs on her debut album, "Hello My Name Is." The chosen this time are: "Rocks At My Window", "Blonde" and "Hold On For Dear Love".












"Rocks At My Window", to me, is like a song ideal teen movies of the '80s, something in the spirit as well as a teenage girl with the high ponytail is sitting at home flipping through a magazine, and she like totally bored 're all like "I want the guy who I have a crush come and take me away" and she just wants him to throw the pebbles at her window and try to get your attention, so for me it's like a fantasy. A teenage dream sequence.


Music is half amused, half cheerleader and bubblegum music. And I think we really amplify that gum for hip hop feel with this half cheerleader and was very fit fun because the idea of music.

I think the musical process has been everything I could have dreamed it would be and more, because honestly, my biggest fear was that the music would not be something I would be a part of and is a part of the things I most pride.











I think this song is kind of sad about a point at which things are ending up in a relationship, it's kind "Ok or we can forget everything and pretend it was nothing or we can recognize that this is something very important and not worth it just give up but fight for the relationship and stay together. "

I imagine the story of two people who are together for a long time, but the circumstances made ​​things more challenging and they end up cashing in each other and say things they would not say and do things they should not and this ends the away, but they can not reach each other and they are struggling to stay together.

We literally wrote the song when we were recording and I just started with another party and I think it is good when you're writing, then you will perform when you feel so in the world of song and ends up putting where is the mood of the song.











I wanted to write a song about being blonde. And I was thinking "Ok I have to say" well, I'm blonde, blondes are more fun and have that stigma against them. I decided to play with it while going against.

I'm a person totally forgotten and I know it, so it was kind of like "Yeah, I'm blonde so I'm sorry and I'm half crazy about but I do not consider myself a stupid person." So it's like if I said "That's me as an individual rather have the label of being blonde, but that does not define me. "

I wanted to write a song about being blonde, they showed me this song and I really liked it and started to sing along and the music flowed very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment